Since the earlier years Lubaga Hospital has been dedicated to the Uganda Martyrs. In 1942, two White Sisters admitted to Lubaga Hospital were healed from pneumonic plague, which was a deadly disease at that time. There were no antibiotics by then. The healing occurred after the intercession to the Uganda Martyrs who had been beatified in 1920 by Pope Benedict XV.
The miracle in LUBAGA HOSPITAL was instrumental for the canonisation of the Uganda Martyrs as saints for the whole world. This was done by Pope Paul VI in 1964 during the Second Vatican Council. The Pope later visited Uganda in 1969 and visited Lubaga Hospital.